How do you start a new line within a cell?

Old August 11th 05, 01:57 PM
[email protected]

Default How do you start a new line within a cell?

I think this is a very basic question, but how do you start a new line
(or break a line) within a cell?
When I try to hit enter, the hightlight just moves to the next cell.

Thank you.

Old August 11th 05, 02:14 PM
FSt1

hi,
data in a cell is stored as a continuous string. there is no "new line" per
say.
but you can wrap the text.
format>cells>alignment tab> check wrap text.
this way the text in the cell will seem to be on different lines.

regards
FSt1

Old August 11th 05, 02:14 PM
Gary's Student

Use ALT-ENTER rather than ENTER
--
Gary's Student

Old August 12th 05, 11:37 AM
Bob Phillips

Use Alt-Enter

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...

Old August 12th 05, 02:39 PM
Sumeet Chopra

use alt and enter
or
either go to cell formatting and select work wrap