Excel cannot be saved to flash disk

Old August 9th 05, 04:52 PM
Mary Jane Taylor

Default Excel cannot be saved to flash disk

When I tried to save an Excel file to the flash disk the message said
"directory or file cannot be created"
Old August 9th 05, 05:04 PM
Dennis

Have you checked the space available on the flash drive?

Have you been able to save files before?

More probable ... Best practice is not to open a file or save a file
directly to a flash drive.

In Excel, save the file to a HD or Server. Then copy the file to the flash
drive.

Sometimes the flash memory of USB connection is too slow for Excel.

HTH Dennis

Old August 9th 05, 05:40 PM
Mary Jane Taylor

Dennis,

Thank you so very much. I did not know how to check space available on my
512 MB San Disk. All it needed was a little deleting the unnecessary files. I
have had no trouble saving files before and was successful in saving to the
flash drive this time.

Mary Jane