Daily data to weekly data conversion in Excel?

Old August 8th 05, 10:19 PM
dlanc

Default Daily data to weekly data conversion in Excel?

Is there a way that I can convert daily time series data into weekly data in
Excel? I'd like to take 2 columns of data where column 1 is the date (M-F)
and column 2 is the value associated with that date and create a new column
that has only the Fri dates and the values associated with the Fri dates.
I'd like to similarly further convert the end-of-week data to end-of-month
data. Thank you.
Old August 9th 05, 02:12 AM
Biff

Hi!

Column A, A1:A100 are dates
Column B, B1:B100 corresponding values

Formula in D1 entered as an array:

=INDEX(A$1:A$100,SMALL(IF(WEEKDAY($A$1:$A$100,2)=5 ,ROW($1:$100)),ROW(1:1)))

Copy across to E1 then down until you get #NUM! errors meaning the data has
been exhausted.

Format column D as DATE and column E as GENERAL.

Will extract all Friday dates and their corresponding values.

Biff