add a hit counter to excel files?

Old September 21st 06, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom

Default add a hit counter to excel files?

Can a hit counter be programed into the Excel file? I know you can do it
under a web page but I would like the counter to be in the file itself.
Thanks.
Old September 21st 06, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carim

Hi Tom,

Have you tried an event macro ? :
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Old September 21st 06, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy

Just a thought, but any counter maintained by the workbook_Open event would
need to save the workbook to maintain the count. If the workbook is saved
locally in the cache or tempfiles, then that probably wouldn't work.

Tom Ogilvy