the formula in this cell differs from formulas in this area of th

Old July 21st 05, 05:06 PM
turkey

Default the formula in this cell differs from formulas in this area of th

i have this error in a cell and the help section will not show up. can
anyone help?

Old July 21st 05, 05:21 PM
Niek Otten

It's probably not an error, just a remark.
Please give your formulas and the formluas for surrounding cells if you
still think something's wrong

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Old July 21st 05, 05:27 PM

If you have a bunch of formulas in B1:B10 that look like this:

=A1*2+33
=A2*2+33
=A3*2+33
=A4*2+33
=A5*2+33
=A6*2+33
=A7*2+33
=A8*2+33
=A9*2+33
=A10*2+33
=A11*2+33
And then have a formula like this in B12:
=A12*2+22
and then this in B13:b15
=A13*2+33
=A14*2+33
=A15*2+33

Excel tries to help you by saying that your formulas are not the same in that
area.

If you really meant to change the formula, then ignore the message. But it
could mean that someone changed the formula and screwed it up.

Although, the message I see is "inconstent formula".