graphing two variables on one chart

Old July 12th 05, 08:16 PM
James

Default graphing two variables on one chart

In Excel can I plot two lines with different Y-axis values?
Old July 13th 05, 05:00 AM
Gary Rowe

Yes. Select the custom type "chart line - column on 2 axes" and right click
on the column chart and select chart type, line chart.
Gary

Old July 13th 05, 12:35 PM
bj

Select one of the series on the chart and under the axis tab select secondary.

Old July 13th 05, 03:01 PM
Jon Peltier

Your question sounded more fundamental to me than getting a secondary Y
axis, more like getting another series into the chart. Here goes:

If the chart exists with one series, go to Source Data on the Chart
Menu, Series tab, click Add, then select the data for the second series.
Or copy the Y Value range in the sheet, select the chart, and paste. Or
use drag and drop.

If you haven't made the chart yet, select the range that includes both
series of data, then run the chart wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services