Set a limit on cell value, so that it does not exceed a set figure

Old July 5th 05, 09:07 PM
lennysc14

Default Set a limit on cell value, so that it does not exceed a set figure

How do I ensure that a value displayed in a cell does not exceed a set figure?
Old July 5th 05, 09:15 PM
bj

If this is a cell into which people input data check out <data><validation>
if this is from a formula
=min(Value,formula)

Old July 5th 05, 09:20 PM
lennysc14

I need to ensure that the percentage sum of two cells does not exceed a set
figure

Old July 6th 05, 04:08 AM
RagDyer

If the set figure is 100, try any of these:

=MIN(A1*B1,100)
=MIN(A1+B1,100)
=MIN(SUM(A1:A25,100)
--