Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box

Old January 7th 05, 06:05 PM
TPenner

Default Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box

All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something
in Excel 2002. The box says,

"The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last
saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?

__ Save a Copy
__ Overwrite changes

even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years.
The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the
problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal
spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box.

Help!

Thanks,

Tim
Old January 7th 05, 09:56 PM
Gord Dibben

Tim

Have a look at this KB Article

"The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network
server in Excel 2002

Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when opening a workspace
(*.xlw) file.

Opening the workbooks individually solved the problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:05:04 -0800, "TPenner"