Removing shared workbook protection

Old June 29th 05, 08:49 AM
Thore

Default Removing shared workbook protection

Good morning all,
I have a shared workbook which is protected with a password. Now I would
like to make a copy of the file and remove the "shared" function as well as
the password. Unfortunately I do not have access to the password.
I have the tried the http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html password
remover, but it does work for share protection. Any suggestions?
Btw, I am working with Excel2000 (SP3)
Brgds & thx in advance, Thore
Old June 29th 05, 12:40 PM

Can't you unshare the workbook first, then run J.E.'s code to unprotect the
workbook?

Old June 29th 05, 02:49 PM
Thore

No, this does not work because in the Share Workbook window I cannot deselect
the "Allow changes..." button.

I just saw that I forgot a "not" in my original posting: J.E.'s code
obviously does not work for the share protection. Otherwise I would not have
the problem.

Old June 30th 05, 12:11 AM

I misunderstood your first post, too.

I don't know away of breaking that shared workbook password.

You may want to check with the people at:
http://www.lostpassword.com

(I've never used it and it's not free.)