How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?

Old June 24th 05, 10:20 PM
Gldenboy2

Default How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?

I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it
returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that
it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen
Old June 24th 05, 11:03 PM

You mean Checkboxes?

You can use a helper cell:

=if(a1=true,"Yes","No")

Then hide that linkedcell (if you want).

Old June 24th 05, 11:30 PM
dominicb

Good evening Gldenboy2

As far as I know you can't - not directly anyway - as the checkbox is
usually a boolean value, (unless you specify it as a triple state, in
which case it can have a null value) which means it's value is true or
false, but 1 and 0 will be accepted through programming, but not Yes
and No.

If it's that important to you, a workaround is to use the cell linked
to the control as a "helper" cell and keep it hidden (in this example,
A1). In B1 put this formula:

=IF(A1=FALSE,"No","Yes")

This will toggle between yes and no as the control is de/selected.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb