How do I calculate running pace?

Old June 7th 05, 07:23 PM
Forrest

Default How do I calculate running pace?

I have time entered in the form: hh:mm:ss and distance in kilometres. I am
trying to calculate my pace in the form: minutes per kilometre. Problem is
that Excel interprets any digits entered as time to be "time of day" as
opposed to a cumulative time. Therefore, when I try to calculate
time/distance, I get a blank cell (no error message).
Old June 7th 05, 09:11 PM
JE McGimpsey

XL makes no distinction between time of day and elapsed time - they're
both stored as fractional days, regardless of display format, so

03:00:00 = 03:00:00 AM = 0.125

To get minutes per kilometer, with say, 8 km in 20 minutes:

A1: 0:20:00
A2: 8
A3: =A1/A2

format A3 with