Can I plot XYZ points in excel?

Old June 1st 05, 06:21 PM
dgs348

Default Can I plot XYZ points in excel?

I would like to plot 3D (X,Y,Z) points in excel, similar to and XY Scatter
but with a third axis. The surface graph type does not do what I want because
it can't plot scaled numerical values on 2 of 3 axis. Does anyone know how I
can do this?

Thank you
Old June 1st 05, 09:26 PM
Andy Pope

This chart type is not available built-in.
I have some information on mimicking a 3d plot using xy-scatter and formula.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm

It currently plot points but can be adapted to plot a mesh.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old September 18th 07, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tim

Hi, because my problem is very similar/related to this I dint open a new
thread but I am continuing here.

As explained by Andy Pope I did a 3D excel chart and everything is OK.

I just want to go a step further and find a way to automatically adjust the
minimum and maximum axis/cage data values to those which will be actually
plotted.

For example: I have data plotted those x,y,z values can be 500 or 5000. And
since my cage/axis data is predefined to a fixed value (to accommodate bigger
data), small data doesn’t look good in plot.

Is any way to do this?

TIA

TIm