How do you remove excess spaces from an Excel field?

Old June 1st 05, 07:49 AM
sarah_jane

Default How do you remove excess spaces from an Excel field?

I have 9000+ fields that have excess spaces at the front of each figure.
I have tried to use the TRIM function but have not met with teh desired
result.
Is there an easy/quick way of removing the excess spaces?
Old June 1st 05, 08:15 AM
R.VENKATARAMAN

use trimall macro in the following url

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm