sumif with 3 conditions

Old May 31st 05, 09:46 AM
Robbert

Default sumif with 3 conditions

I have the following sheet (in Excel 2000)
year type province budget
2002 1 10 100
2002 1 10 150
2002 2 11 200
2003 2 11 250
2003 3 12 300
2003 3 12 350

to get the total budget per year+type+province I used
=SUM(IF((A2:A7="2002")*(B2:B7="1")*(C2:C7="10");D2 7)). This formula is,
with one extra argument, identical to the explanation in Help. However it
returns 0 and not 250.
Using the exact formula as stated in Help also returns 0. Note that I use ;
instead of , due to the different thousand and decimal separator in
continental Europe.
A solution to this (simple?) problem is highly appreciated.
Old May 31st 05, 10:00 AM
Aladin Akyurek

=SUM(IF((A2:A7=2002)*(B2:B7=1)*(C2:C7=10);D27))

needs to be confirmed with control+shift+enter instead of just with
enter. Moreover, no double quotes around numbers.

Old May 31st 05, 10:56 AM
philc

and replace the semi-colon with a comma.

Old May 31st 05, 12:14 PM
Aladin Akyurek

philc wrote:
> and replace the semi-colon with a comma.

Not on European systems, for example.