Excel formula to incrementally increase a value by 1 every 365 day

Old May 31st 10, 06:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScheduleMyAppointmentNow_Com

Default Excel formula to incrementally increase a value by 1 every 365 day

I need help with correct formula to take a starting date from one cell and
place a formula in another cell that will increase the number by one for
every 365 days.

Employment date 5/30/2010 - 365 days past, new cell shows value "1"
representing 1 year
Another year passes and the new cell automatically updates to show the value
"2" representing 2 years employment

Another 365 days pass I need the value of the cell to automatically increase
to "3"

I tried the IF functions with TODAY() function but don't quite have it
solved correctly.

Thanks for your help if you will please...
Old May 31st 10, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria

Try
=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")

or with error/blank cell handling...
=IF(AND(A1>0,A1<=TODAY()),DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y"), "")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

Old May 31st 10, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

With startdates in A2 down
put in B2: =DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"y")
Copy down