How to remove the cell reference in a sheet at once

Old May 25th 10, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Greek

Default How to remove the cell reference in a sheet at once

Hi,

I have a sheet where there are many cells are fix (reference cells)
using the F4 key. Is there any way i can remove the effect of the F4
without going to each formula and them keep pressing F4 to remove the
reference???
Old May 25th 10, 06:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

With formulas like =$A$1+$B$1 and pulled down for 30 cells, I used Edit >
Find > $ > replace with "nothing" > OK

HTH
Regards,
Howard

Old May 25th 10, 09:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pritesh[_2_]

Stp1- Select range where you want to replace fixed references with relative
references.

Stp2- Press Ctrl + H, this will show Replace dialogue box.

Stp3- In "Find" space, type single $

Stp4- Leave "Replace" space empty

Stp5- Click "replace all".

You are done.. chk it.

Regards,
Pritesh

Old May 25th 10, 12:22 PM
bala_vb bala_vb is offline
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greek View Post
Hi,

I have a sheet where there are many cells are fix (reference cells)
using the F4 key. Is there any way i can remove the effect of the F4
without going to each formula and them keep pressing F4 to remove the
reference???

select the content and use Cltr + H (find and replace for $).

note: please make sure it effect only selected cells not the entire spreadsheet.

all the best
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Old May 25th 10, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

You can use the edit>replace as suggested.

Or use a macro to make changes in selected cells.

Sub Absolute()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub AbsoluteRow()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub AbsoluteCol()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub Relative()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
If Cell.HasFormula Then
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
End If
Next
End Sub