Display the days between start & end date columns

Old May 18th 10, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Briggs

Default Display the days between start & end date columns

I have two columns one labeled start date, the other Date Completed. I have
a third column where I need to display how many days it took to complete the
process from start to finish. Do I need a macro? I have no idea how to
format the third column to calculate the days between the other two.
Old May 18th 10, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Hi,

Try this un-documented formula

=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d")

For help on this formula look here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
--
Mike

question.

Old May 18th 10, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MS-Exl-Learner

Assume that in A2 cell you are having the START DATE and in B2 cell is the
END DATE.

Copy and paste the below formula in C2 cell
=IF(AND(A2<>"",B2<>""),DATEDIF(A2,B2,"D"),"")

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

Old May 18th 10, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

Just subtract the start date from the end date.

A1 = start date = 1/1/2010
B1 = end date = 1/31/2010

=B1-A1

Format as General or Number