How do I draw an accurate venn diagram?

Old April 27th 10, 03:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Phil Campbell

Default How do I draw an accurate venn diagram?

I'm trying to draw a venn diagram in Excel, to show where survey respondents
have responded 'yes' to two questions. Microsoft Help refers me to the
picture toolbar but that only allows me to draw an approximate venn diagram,
not to generate one automatically based upon the data I've collected.

Any help gratefully received!
Old April 28th 10, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Just type:-

venn

- into the F1 Help facility and there are adequate instructions there.

Thanks.

Old April 29th 10, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ralph

I think you need a macro to do that. I placed a Basic Venn on a worksheet
then played around with the following code

Dim xlWs As Worksheet
Dim xlShp As Shape
Set xlWs = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set xlShp = xlWs.Shapes(1)
Debug.Print xlShp.GroupItems.Count

The GroupItems.Count does return 3 however I was not able to do anything
else with the GroupItems in the Shape. It would give me the message
Permission Denied.

You might try posting your question in Excel Programming. If it is possible
someone there will know how to do it.

Old April 29th 10, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Herbert Seidenberg

Excel 2007, PivotTable
Venn diagram on XY chart.
Dimensions correspond exactly to survey results.
Animated.
http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.racks....com/Venn.xlsm
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkodii5ygmi/Venn.pdf