Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)

Old April 17th 10, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
D7666

Default Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)

This might have been asked before but if so I'm not finding it when I
use a google groups search, mainly because of either none or too many
answers returned depending on which keywords I use.

Is it possible to make the text and/or the background in any
individual cells to flash or blink ?

In detail what I need to do is have a cell with a solid black
background, text which is yellow, but blinking at a slow cadence, 1
sec on 1 sec off in such a way that it looks as if the text in the
cell is flashing between off and on like a flashing light.

--
Nick
Old April 17th 10, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi
also have a look here...
http://www.section508.gov/IRSCourse/mod02/021401--.html

blinking text is not only annoying but can be dangerous.

Regards
FSt1

Old April 17th 10, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
D7666

On Apr 17, 8:43*pm, FSt1 > wrote:
> hi
> also have a look here...http://www.section508.gov/IRSCourse/mod02/021401--.html
>
> blinking text is not only annoying but can be dangerous.

Yes yes thank you very much, not.

Some railway signals flash in real time and no-one has a problem with
that. In fact, the opposite, in some cases they stand out to reduce
risk. I need to replicate the cadence in an XLSX file , and for all
sorts of obscure reasons its hard to change the file format t
something
else.

--
Nick

Old April 18th 10, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

If you insist see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old April 19th 10, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
D7666

On Apr 18, 5:11*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

Ta muchly

I'll see if I can make this work

I agree with the comments about flashing text, normally I'd never do
it..

But like I said, there is a special reason here, simulating a flashing
lamp signal while doing something this is more or limited to have to
use excel.

--
Nick