anyone have a simple income/expenditure sheet, excel

Old April 3rd 10, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lesley

Default anyone have a simple income/expenditure sheet, excel

Hi,

I need to make a simple income and expenditure sheet for a new venture,
would like a 1 worksheet per month so this can be filled out on a daily
basis. Does anyone have one ready made before I start scratching my head
putting formulas in?
Old April 3rd 10, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Don't use formulas and don't use multiple sheets. Use a database with
columns for date, amount (positive for income, negative for expenditures),
and descriptors (as many as needed) and then use a pivot table on the
resulting database. Here is what I use for my columns:

Reference Number
Date Entered
Date Rec/Paid
Status
Action
Master Account
Sub-Account
Amount

There are plenty of sites and help files available concerning pivot tables -
formulas are completely unnecessary and are a source of error.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Old April 3rd 10, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_]

I also recommend only ONE sheet and you can use data>filter>autofilter>by
date

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old April 3rd 10, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Hi,

You should find something here

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...595491033.aspx

With regard to:-

>1 worksheet per month so this can be filled out on a daily basis

Don't do it!! This forum is full of posts along the lines of "I have a 12
worksheets and I want to make a summary sheet" which is another way of saying
'I started my project without thinking it out'. If all the data are on a
single sheet it's much easier to use filters to summarise data.
--
Mike

question.

Old April 3rd 10, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Russell Dawson[_2_]

Hi Lesley

Seems like we are on similar levels.

I'd take Mike's advice and scan the available templates. See what you can
find and adapt to your requirements.

There is some really good advice from subscribers here but sometimes they
don't appreciate that not everyone is at their level.

--

Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.