how do I set up a database for client information

Old May 13th 05, 04:28 PM
Insurance Tracie

Default how do I set up a database for client information

I need to create a database (would like to do it in Excel) that would compile
client information such as name, address, birthdate, retirement date, phone,
assigned rep, e-mail address, etc. then be able to pull out only the
information needed and from only certian assinged reps.

I have never done a spreadsheet or database before. So I need explecit
details.

Thank you
Tracie
Old May 13th 05, 05:11 PM
Debra Dalgleish

You can enter all the data in a list on the worksheet, with column
headings to indicate what information is stored in each column.

Then, you can use an AutoFilter to view the data for one rep, or a
specific date range. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

To summarize the data, e.g. count the number of clients assigned to each
rep, you can use a Pivot Table. There are instructions in Excel's Help,
and Jon Peltier has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List