Formula from consecutive rows to alternate rows?

Old March 25th 10, 01:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neville Bailey[_2_]

Default Formula from consecutive rows to alternate rows?

I have a worksheet with data in consecutive rows.

I have another worksheet into which I want to insert a formula on every
second row, but referring to each consecutive row in the first worksheet.

For example, on Worksheet 1, in column A:

Row 1: 123
Row 2: 456
Row 3: 789
etc

On Worksheet 2 I want to show:

Row 1: ='Worksheet 1'!A1
Row 2:
Row 3: ='Worksheet 2'!A2
Row 4:
Row 5: ='Worksheet 3'!A3

How do I copy the above formula down?
Old March 25th 10, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

In Sheet2 cell A1 copy th ebelow formula and copy down as required

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,CEILING(ROW()/2,1)),"")

--
Jacob

Old March 25th 10, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neville Bailey[_2_]

Thank you Jacob - that worked perfectly!