Icon Sets - Display icon in one cell depending upon value in anoth

Old February 25th 10, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nolene

Default Icon Sets - Display icon in one cell depending upon value in anoth

I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".

I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
where the different parts were supposed to go.
Old February 25th 10, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nita

Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
in column U:

=IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central
File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1 ,""))))

I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .

Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc

I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
triangle --

Old February 26th 10, 05:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nolene

Default Icon Sets - Display icon in one cell depending upon value in a

That worked. I guess I should have said that this was for using Conditional
Formatting Icon Sets in Excel 2007.

I didn't quite understand how to enter the data for the icons, but I figured
it out. For others wondering, I gave the entire column A Conditional
Formatting with the Icon Sets with the 3 signs style and Show Icon Only. Then
I made the green value >= 3 and chose number for the Type; and yellow >=2
(number). Then I had to fix the formula so that Central Files/Office/Floor
was 3 (instead of 2) and Missing was 2 (instead of 1). Then I just copied it
down the column.