Making a "Check Box" Larger

Old February 8th 10, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJD

Default Making a "Check Box" Larger

Hi,

I figured out how to insert a check box that automatically enters a tick
mark in the box when I click on it. However, the box is pretty small. How do
I change the size of the check box and the tick mark?

RD
Old February 9th 10, 06:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

As far as making the check box bigger -- you can't!

A kludge work-around is to increase the zoom. Increasing the zoom will make
the check box bigger but it will also make *everything* bigger. What you
could do is use a smaller text font on the entire sheet, like say font size
6, then if you increase the zoom the check box gets bigger and the size 6
font will also get bigger. If you experiment you can get the check box to
the size you want and at the same time get the font size back to what it
originally was (or very close).

For example, if your default font size is 10, format the entire sheet to use
a size 6 font. Then increase the zoom. The check box gets bigger and at the
same time the size 6 font will get bigger to the point that it looks like
the original size 10 font.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP