SUMIF using 2 cells that equal each other

Old February 4th 10, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wormburner

Default SUMIF using 2 cells that equal each other

I am using SUMIF to add cells in a column but the criteria I want to use is
add the cell only if the criteria equals another cell. I do not want to enter
the actual variable of the cell as it changes for each row of column C.

As an example: =SUMIF('A2:A5001,"C2",D25001) where "C2" equals a variable
that can change.

Is there any function I can use for the variable?
Old February 4th 10, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

You almost had it, try this

=SUMIF(A2:A5001,C2,D25001)
--