Return to next row in first column when entering data in Excel

Old January 25th 10, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DaddyRay

Default Return to next row in first column when entering data in Excel

I am creating a list that that uses more columns than can be covered on the
screen. The problem is when the data is entered in the cell in the last
column, I need to return to the next row in the first column. Yet this cell
and row is not visible to click onto. Is there a command like in Acess that
will take me to the end of my list, ready to start another row of data. if
not, are there any suggestions to accomplish this?
Old January 25th 10, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle

Try this. When you enter data in a cell use TAB to go to the next cell and
when you get to the last cell in that row, enter your data and then hit
ENTER.

Returns to the next row in the first column.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

Old January 26th 10, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

One small point here Howard that can be useful in some cases.

>Returns to the next row in the first column.

Should read.............

Returns to the next row in the column from which you started.

Might be a user wants to start Tabbing across from Column D for example.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:15:10 -0800, "L. Howard Kittle"

Old January 26th 10, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle

Of course you are correct on that point, I knew that and should have noted
it is the column you start in to which it will return.

And I bet the OP will do as I do once in a while where I hit accidentally
hit Enter instead of Tab and get the 'carriage return' effect but still have
info that needs to be put into that row. So I click back to the next cell
in the row and use Tab to finish entering data... and then hit Enter...
woops only goes back to that errant next row of the column where I hit Enter
mid way through.

You do your 'expletive deletes' and start over at the proper first column.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regard,
Howard