Cannot Resize Workbook window

Old January 8th 10, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nightmry

Default Cannot Resize Workbook window

Have been working with the same Excel workbook for months. Today, when I
tried to open it, I found I could not maximize or resize the workbook.
The window control buttons (minimize, max, close) have disappeared and I
cannot get the resize arrow to appear so that I can resize it manually.

The workbook/worksheet is NOT protected and Full Screen view is NOT on.

Does anyone have any ideas other ideas on how I can restore resize
functionality to the workbook?

Mary
Old January 8th 10, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arceedee

A temp measure is to right click in the title bar at the top. This will give
Max/Min/Restore options. May not cure it but will help.

Old January 8th 10, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

You are positive the workbook is not protected under Tools>Protection?

Have you just started using GroupWise in an older version of Excel?

The missing icons on the Title Bar on ALL workbooks could be due to
GroupWise being enabled.

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

Article is specific for 97 - 2002 but may be valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to
remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:15:02 -0800, Nightmry

Old July 8th 12, 10:28 PM
Michael J Seric Michael J Seric is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmry View Post
Have been working with the same Excel workbook for months. Today, when I
tried to open it, I found I could not maximize or resize the workbook.
The window control buttons (minimize, max, close) have disappeared and I
cannot get the resize arrow to appear so that I can resize it manually.

The workbook/worksheet is NOT protected and Full Screen view is NOT on.

Does anyone have any ideas other ideas on how I can restore resize
functionality to the workbook?

Mary
I'm not sure if this helps. But you can try it.

I just installed Microsoft Office for Mac - 2011.
As a result, I lost the bottom border of one of my most used workbooks. I also lost the bottom ribbon that allows me to move the columns horizontally. In addition, I lost the marker that allows me to manually resize the workbook.
I still could move the workbook around the screen but the view dimensions didn't change.

What was available to me was the top border of the workbook. I found out that if I grabbed this top border and crunched the whole workbook down toward the bottom of the screen, the vertical or up and down view of the workbook was resized. I just kept doing this until I got the vertical view I wanted with the bottom ribbon and manual resize marker both visible.