drag a formula downa column keeping one value the same?

Old January 6th 10, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
column formula with a constant value

Default drag a formula downa column keeping one value the same?

I need to drag a formula down a column, but keep one value constant (when I
drag the formula down, the values in the formula change according to the row,
but I need to keep one constant so each cell's formula refers to one specific
cell.)

Ex. - =IF(L30>40000,L1*.60,=IF(L30<20000,L1*.5,=IF(L30<4 0000,L1*.55,0)))

I need to keep the L30 values the same, while the L1 changes for each row,
but when I drag this formula down the column, the L30 changes.

Thanks!
Old January 6th 10, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul C

Change your L30 to a absolute reference $L$30
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

Old January 6th 10, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
column formula with a constant value[_2_]

Perfect...Thank you Paul!

Old January 6th 10, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph[_2_]

Firstly, your formula wouldn't work anyway, because you've got 2 spare
equals signs in there. It's always best if you copy and paste your actual
formula in here, rather than typing something different.

Secondly, what you need to look at is the difference between relative and
absolute addressing. Excel help will explain it.

Try =IF(L$30>40000,L1*0.6,IF(L$30<20000,L1*0.5,IF(L$30 <40000,L1*0.55,0)))
--
David Biddulph