Why does my mouse select multiple cells when I want one in Excel?

Old December 29th 09, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Default Why does my mouse select multiple cells when I want one in Excel?

When I am left or right clicking a cell in Excel, it selects 3-4 cells in
lieu of the one I want.
How do I fix this?
I use a Logitech LX& Cordless mouse and this issue is only in Excel.
Old December 29th 09, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Try F8 to toggle this mode of operation.
--
David Biddulph

Old December 29th 09, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelent

try F8

Old December 29th 09, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Just 3 or 4 cells or does it continue to select more as you drag around?

If the latter hit the the F8 key to toggle out of Extended mode.

If the former, try setting your Zoom level up or down a few points.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP