Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Restoring Gridlines

In an Excel 2000 spreadsheet I inserted some rows and deleted some cells.
The gridlines in these inserted or deleted and restored cells lack
gridlines. I tried to restore them using Format-Cells-Border, but could
not find any place to restore gridlines (I am not trying to outline cells,
just restore gridlines). Similarly, on the Sheet View options, gridlines is
checked, and all cells show gridlines, but the erased and restored or
inserted cells. How can I simply make gridlines reappear in these cells?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you changed the format of the cells to have a coloured, or even white,
background? If so, your gridlines will be invisible. Set the background
pattern to "No color", rather than to white.
--
David Biddulph

"Abradaxis" wrote in message
In an Excel 2000 spreadsheet I inserted some rows and deleted some cells.
The gridlines in these inserted or deleted and restored cells lack
gridlines. I tried to restore them using Format-Cells-Border, but could
not find any place to restore gridlines (I am not trying to outline cells,
just restore gridlines). Similarly, on the Sheet View options, gridlines
is checked, and all cells show gridlines, but the erased and restored or
inserted cells. How can I simply make gridlines reappear in these cells?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, that did the trick. Funny, though, when I outlined the cells as a
group, and went to format cells, the "no color" option was already there,
and I did not change the color of the cells, although I did put a border
around some of the cells. But even though "no color" was show, if I selected
no color by putting my cursor on it and clicking it, the result was that "no
color," instead of being indicated and grayed out, became highlighted, and
the gridlines returned when I exited out of the menu. But in any event, I
have my gridlines back. Thanks.