Remove Duplicates From VLOOKUP Result

Old December 10th 09, 09:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mathew P Bennett

Default Remove Duplicates From VLOOKUP Result

Good Morning All,
I am trying to remove duplicate results for a VLOOKUP query. See example
below,

A B
1 REFERENCE REVENUE
2 DC001 9999.99
3 DC001 9999.99
4 DC001 9999.99
5 MB002 1111.11
6 MB002 1111.11

The Values in (B) are a VLOOKUP result of (A) from another table/worksheet.
The list in (A) is imported from an SQL query so cannot be altered.
I would like to know how to eliminate the duplicates so that only the first
result shows, eg B3, B4 & B6 would be blanks (or zero)

The context of this question, is that when I summarize the data in a Pivot
Table, the SUM of Revenue for REFERENCE DC001should be 9999.99, and NOT
29999.97
( I have got round it by using MAX for Pivot output for REVENUE, but this
does not to be very flexible for further analysis)

I hope I have explained okay, and that my formatting remains when posted!

Thank you in advance for any help - always appreciated.

Mathew

Old December 10th 09, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com

If using excel, you could use the function "remove Duplicates", before using
the data in your Pvoit Table.

--
Matt Lynn