how do I extract the last three digits from each cell in column?

Old November 28th 09, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PeggyT

Default how do I extract the last three digits from each cell in column?

I am using excel 2007. Each cell in a column contain varied length of data
but ends with "Program ###". I would like to extract ### into an adjacent
column for all cells in the first column.
Thanks!
PeggyT
Old November 28th 09, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

=RIGHT(A1,3) and copy down

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old November 28th 09, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

=RIGHT(A1,3)

Old November 28th 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

To extract that as a number instead of text; try

=--RIGHT(A1,3)

or

=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,3))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old November 28th 09, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

A1 = text program 001

Your formulas return 1.

If you want the number extracted as a numeric number and to retain the 3
digit format then you'll have to use a custom number format like 000 to
display the leading 0s. Note that when doing this the leading 0s are for
display purposes only. The true value of the cell will be numeric 1.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP