Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel F2 not working...

I use Excel 2007 on 2 different computers in 2 different office. Both
computers get automatic updates. I can't identify when, but in the past
couple weeks, my F2 key not longer works. It does not append data, nor does
it "trace" the formula in my in my cell. Is this a known bug with a
scheduled fix soon? Thanks.
Junior Member

Does your keyboard have a F-lock key? Some wireless keyboards have a F-lock key similar to the scroll-lock or num-lock. Have you recieved a new keyboard recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prominND View Post
I use Excel 2007 on 2 different computers in 2 different office. Both
computers get automatic updates. I can't identify when, but in the past
couple weeks, my F2 key not longer works. It does not append data, nor does
it "trace" the formula in my in my cell. Is this a known bug with a
scheduled fix soon? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

F2 works perfectly in Excel 2007. It opens the cell for editing and in doing
so, highlights any other cells referenced in a formula in the active cell
with colored lines ("range finders")
The fault must lay elsewhere
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"prominND" wrote in message
I use Excel 2007 on 2 different computers in 2 different office. Both
computers get automatic updates. I can't identify when, but in the past
couple weeks, my F2 key not longer works. It does not append data, nor
does
it "trace" the formula in my in my cell. Is this a known bug with a
scheduled fix soon? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default F2

I had it happen recently that my F2 key did not work, and I just got a new wireless keyboard by Logitech and did not realize there is an "F Mode" key on it. I must of accidently hit this and it switched my function keys from "standard" to "enhanced". Could this be what happened to you? Probably not on two computers though.

prominND wrote:

Excel F2 not working...
19-Nov-09

I use Excel 2007 on 2 different computers in 2 different office. Both
computers get automatic updates. I cannot identify when, but in the past
couple weeks, my F2 key not longer works. It does not append data, nor does
it "trace" the formula in my in my cell. Is this a known bug with a
scheduled fix soon? Thanks.

C# Email without SMTP Service or CDO
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-smtp-ser.aspx