How can I expand print area to whole page?

Old November 19th 09, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manny

Default How can I expand print area to whole page?

I have an excel 2007 sheet in landscape format, all margins set to zero, no
unnecessary space is part of the print area.

The print area itself fits all in one page with leftover space on both sides
of the page. How can I expand the print area so that when it prints it takes
up the whole page without manually increasing the font, row heights, and
column widths?

I remember being able to do this last year but dont recall how I
accomplished this.
Old November 19th 09, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

From File>Print Preview>PageSetup>change 'Adjust to % of normal size' from
100% to whatever suitable.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old November 19th 09, 03:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manny

Adjusting the percentage doesnt help. I currently have that setting as Fit
to 1 page wide and 1 page tall.

Old November 19th 09, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Look at what percentage Excel has calculated, then increase it.
Or are you trying to tell us that increasing the percentage from what you've
currently got to a larger percentage doesn't change the size of the print?
--
David Biddulph

Old November 19th 09, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manny

Changing the percentage changes the print size and the width iexpands to the
whole page as I want it. However, it kicks some rows to the 2nd page instead
of fitting everything in one page.

It didnt do what I want and that is have the whole page used without
printing on a 2nd page.

Old November 19th 09, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

So I think you are telling us that the "fit to 1 page wide and 1 page tall"
has worked correctly, in that if you incease the print size it will overflow
to a 2nd page. Glad to hear that it's working correctly. (You might, of
course be able to get a bigger print if you swap between landscape and
portrait, if you have chosen the inappropriate aspect for the shape of your
print area.)
--
David Biddulph

Old November 19th 09, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manny

I have it as "fit to 1 page wide and 1 page tall" and it fits in one page
with leftover space.

What I'm trying to do is use the WHOLE page (including currenly unused
space) without having to manually increase the size of rows, columns, and
fonts.

Old November 19th 09, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

I can't tell you anything more than I've already told you.
--
David Biddulph

Old November 20th 09, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Sharpe

Manny wrote:
> I have it as "fit to 1 page wide and 1 page tall" and it fits in one page
> with leftover space.
>
> What I'm trying to do is use the WHOLE page (including currenly unused
> space) without having to manually increase the size of rows, columns, and
> fonts.
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> So I think you are telling us that the "fit to 1 page wide and 1 page tall"
>> has worked correctly, in that if you incease the print size it will overflow
>> to a 2nd page. Glad to hear that it's working correctly. (You might, of
>> course be able to get a bigger print if you swap between landscape and
>> portrait, if you have chosen the inappropriate aspect for the shape of your
>> print area.)
>> --
>> David Biddulph
>>
>> "Manny" > wrote in message
>>> Changing the percentage changes the print size and the width iexpands to
>>> the
>>> whole page as I want it. However, it kicks some rows to the 2nd page
>>> instead
>>> of fitting everything in one page.
>>>
>>> It didnt do what I want and that is have the whole page used without
>>> printing on a 2nd page.

>> .

David is absolutely right. Excel is doing the best it can to get what
you want on one page. It will not stretch the printout horizontally
only. I suspect your memory from last year is faulty.

Bill
Old November 20th 09, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

I use "fit to 1 page wide and 1 page tall" only when it runs down to more
than a page. Here since your one already fits into a page...adjust the zoom
as suggested in my initial post..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria