Insert Cells every other row

Old November 11th 09, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Texas Nuckols

Default Insert Cells every other row

I have this on spreadsheet:
A B C D E F G H
1 # Name (blank) Add (blank) City, St (blank) ZIP << Heading
2 1 John 123 Main NYC, NY
3 Smith STE 100 00210
4 2 Mary 321 Main CHI, IL
5 Jones STE 4 60603
6 3 Joe 123 Alma DLS, TX
7 Fox Apt 7 75202

I need to move all data from every other row (odd # Rows) into the blank
columns to the right and eventually up one row so that all data is on same
row. I have a spread sheet that is almost 7000 rows long so Ctrl+click will
take hours. There musst be a faster way.

Thanks, Roxanne

Old November 11th 09, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Headers in row 1. Data starts in row 2. Right?

If yes, then I'd put this formula
in C2: =B3
in C3: DeleteMe

Select C2:C3 and drag down as far as you want.

Copy C2:c### to the other columns.

Convert all those formulas to values. (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values)
Sort by column A
Delete the rows with all those deleteme's on them

(Or apply data|filter|autofilter and show just the deleteme rows. Then delete
those visible rows.)