What does [Shared][Group] mean?

Old May 4th 05, 04:52 PM
Jamie Carper

Default What does [Shared][Group] mean?

I know what [Shared] means and I know that when you select multiple
worksheets while sharing you get [Group][Shared]. But I need to know what
causes the inverse, [Shared][Group].

Everytime we get this status on the title bar our Excel locks up.

Any ideas on why or how this occurs?
Old May 4th 05, 09:24 PM

I use xl2003 and couldn't get that version to show [shared][group] no matter
what order I did things.

You may want to post the version that you're running. Maybe someone running
that version can try.

Old May 4th 05, 10:42 PM
Gord Dibben

I can get [Group] [Shared} if I go to Tools>Share Workbook and do the Shared
thing and then select more than one sheet.

XL 2002 and 2003

Check your sheet tabs. You have more than one selected.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Old May 4th 05, 11:57 PM

Can you get it so the title bar shows Shared first, followed by Group?

I think that the OP's question boiled down to why xl crashed when he got the
title bar in that order.

Old May 6th 05, 12:14 AM
Gord Dibben

Once again guilty of not reading OP properly(Fully?).

No. Cannot get order reversed.

Gord

Old May 6th 05, 12:25 AM

Just don't say you're suffering from DLP disease!