What is this little yellow box with a scroll icon inside?

Old October 29th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbclem

Default What is this little yellow box with a scroll icon inside?

I'm using Excel 2002. There is a small yellow box, in the middle of a
spreadsheet, that I can't get rid of If I delete the row it's in, a row
gets deleted but this yellow box is still there. If I right click on it I
get 4 choices, cut copy paste view script. If I place the cursor over it, I
see "load TOCNode(1, 'moreinformation')". I can move it, expand it,
duplicate it (now I have three that I can't get rid of!). Inside the yellow
box is an angled scroll, or curlicue(?) icon.

Can someone tell me what this is and how I can delete it...

Thanks,

jc

Old October 29th 09, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel[_2_]

It is a shape becaue deleting the row doesn't remove it. I suspect you
may have lots (maybe 100) of them sitting on top of each other so when
you remove 1 you think you didn't remove it because the one below
appears. You may have to remove lots of them before you get rid of then
all.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Old October 29th 09, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbclem

Interesting...why would I have a hundred of them? I've moved them around
and there doesn't seem to be anything below the one I move, unless they all
move simultaneously. Anyway, how do I remove one?

Old October 29th 09, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel[_3_]

You are right. I didn't think if you moved the top one the other should
not moved unless they are grouped.

try this code.

for each shp in activesheet.shapes
shp.delete
next shp

Old October 30th 09, 12:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Rogers[_2_]

If this is the only object on your entire worksheet, goto>edit>go
to>special>select objects & ok out. All objects will be selected, just hit
"delete" and they should be gone.

If you have others and you only want to remove this one,
Goto>view>toolbar>select "Control toolbox". On this toolbar you are looking
for the "design Mode" icon. It looks like a square with a ruler below it.
Select, this will show you all the objects on your worksheet. just select
the one (ones) you want gone and delete them

Mike Rogers