Select non-contiguous cells in Excel 2007

Old October 22nd 09, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Compu Geek

Default Select non-contiguous cells in Excel 2007

How do I select non-contiguous cells in Excel 2007.

I tried using the ctrl button like I did in 2003, but it's not working.
Old October 22nd 09, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Works for me.

What is it doing or not doing that leads you to believe it is "not working"?

How about if you hit SHIFT + F8 then select non-contiguous cells?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:49:01 -0700, Compu Geek

Old October 23rd 09, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Compu Geek

You're Right!

The cells just don't show that they've been selected--as was the case in
2003. But, when I perform some task e.g. change the fill color, I can see
that they are all selected.

Is there a way to get the multiple non-contiguous cells to show that they
are selected? Is this occuring for all Excel 2007 users or is there something
crazy happening with just my version?

Old October 23rd 09, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I

The selected cells should have a light shading, it is not as dark as it
was in 2003 and some monitor settings make it difficult for the user to
see the selected cell. try increase monitor brightness and increase
monitor contrast to see the shading applied.