Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)

Old May 3rd 05, 06:52 PM
Los

Default Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)

Okay, this is insanse.

Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on
that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows
is generated.

CellA1
CellA2
CellA80

I need two things:

One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels.
I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY
like this (not allowed to vary on this):

CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1
CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2
etc ...

Two: I would like to NOT use Word.

I've tried formatting the cells in the worksheet to have the pixels points
match the size of the avery labels. I saw that 72 pixcels is supposed to
equal 1 inch.

I have actually taken a physical rule and MEASURED the required
indentations, cell sizes, EVERYTHING. I then calculated what should be .25",
1.5", etc. Still the page prints horribly incorrectly.

Why is it so hard to do this without Mail Merge?
Old May 3rd 05, 08:09 PM
Gord Dibben

Los

Eliminating Word and its mailmerge capabilities leaves you at the mercy of
trial and error print setup in Excel.

BTW....72 points to an inch in row height, which is about 96 pixels.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number
of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

No relationship between the two.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm....which you could
convert to inches.

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Old May 4th 05, 01:57 PM
Los

Thank you for the reply!

I'm playing with that VB script this afternoon, but it looks like I am able
to use Mail Merge after all. I was concerned that the users were on PCs that
would only have Office 2003 Viewers. Come to find out we bought them
licenses to use Windows and Office via Terminal Services long ago. So we're
back on track and using Mail Merge.

Now, I found another oddity with the Mail Merge feature, but that's for a
different forum. :-)

- Thanks again!

Los