formula to show time that data was entered on spreadsheet

Old October 21st 09, 09:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irmatwit

Default formula to show time that data was entered on spreadsheet

I want to know if its possible for the time to automatically appear in a
seperate cell when data is entered in a cell. For example, in cell A1 i
enter the figure 3, in cell A2 the time i entered that number appears as
hh.mm.ss. In cell B1 i enter the figure 4 & in cell B2 the time appears
again in hh.mm.ss.

Is this possible and how do i achieve it please. Thank you in advance
Old October 21st 09, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H

Hi,

You need a macro for that but it's easy. Right click your sheet tab, view
code and paste the code below in on the right and that's it. Close VB editor

If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("1:1")) Is Nothing Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(1) = Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss")
Application.EnableEvents = True
On Error GoTo 0
End If
End Sub