Cells not showing full text

Old October 5th 09, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jorge E. Jaramillo

Default Cells not showing full text

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, not even if I drag the bottom margin of the
specific cell.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo
Old October 5th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Atishoo

right click cell - formatcells - alignment tab - wrap text.

Old October 5th 09, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Select the cells. Format>Cells>Alignment>check 'Wrap text'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old October 5th 09, 05:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Atishoo

ps. did you just get that gold medal jacob? well done congrats!

Old October 5th 09, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Thanks.

Old October 5th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

What is the length of the text you enter, in number of characters?

Excel 2003 has a limit of 1024 characters that can be seen in a cell or
printed even though you can enter 32767 chars in that cell.

Adding the Alt + Enters increases that limit.

Not sure what the viewable limit is in Excel 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:51:02 -0700, Jorge E. Jaramillo

Old October 5th 09, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jorge E. Jaramillo

Wrap text is one of the first Excel tricks I learnt and I am already using it
on theses cells but that does not solve the visualization problem.