Return the first Wednesday of each month

Old September 27th 09, 12:31 AM
dalymjl dalymjl is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ireland
Default Return the first Wednesday of each month

If I put a date in cell A1 (1/1/2010) how do I get the first wednesday in each month in 2010 to display in cells A2:A13 i.e
6/1/2010
3/2/2010
3/3/2010 etc.?
Old September 27th 09, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),4))

Old September 27th 09, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama

In A2:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+MIN(1,ROWS($1:1)-1),8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+MIN(1,ROWS($1:1)-1),4))

copy down to A13

Old September 27th 09, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

Try this...

Enter this formula in A2. This will return the 1st Wednesday of the month
for the date entered in A1.

=A1-DAY(A1)+8-WEEKDAY(A1-DAY(A1)-3)

Enter this formula in A3 and copy down as needed. This will return the 1st
Wednesday date for the subsequent months.

=A2+28+((DAY(A2+35)<8)*7)

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old September 27th 09, 06:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernd P

Hello,

A general formula:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/weekday_in_month.html