Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert decimal days to hours and minutes

I need a function to convert decimal DAYS to display "X hr(s), X min(s)".

I currently have a function that converts decimal days to hours, as such:
=ROUNDDOWN((A1)*24,1)&" hours"
so with a given input of, for example:
..2 = 4.8 hours
..5 = 12 hours, etc.

I would like to have a function that's a bit more human readable, as 4.8
hours doesn't mean 4hr 48min to most people.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chris

Try the below
=INT(A1*24)&" hrs " & ROUND(MOD(A1*24,1)*60,) & " mins"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Christopher" wrote:

I need a function to convert decimal DAYS to display "X hr(s), X min(s)".

I currently have a function that converts decimal days to hours, as such:
=ROUNDDOWN((A1)*24,1)&" hours"
so with a given input of, for example:
.2 = 4.8 hours
.5 = 12 hours, etc.

I would like to have a function that's a bit more human readable, as 4.8
hours doesn't mean 4hr 48min to most people.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chris, If you dont want a descriptive form and only want to display the man
days in hh:mm:ss format then you dont need a formula. Just right click cell
A1 itself; FormatCellsCustomType: [h]:mm:ss

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria