How to find specific field value in sheet.

Old September 22nd 09, 11:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anders Bjerregaard

Default How to find specific field value in sheet.

I need to build a sphreadsheet, where the user type in 2 values in 2 fields,
(Value "lenght" and value "Width" ).
In a sheet where you have a culum "C" with 3 diffent values (100,200,300),
and a row "5" with 3 different values, (100,200,300)
The point is now that the user type in (or choose from roll down bar ) the
lenght, and from another bar choose the Width, then he can see the unique
value in a cell called " Price", the unique value is a predefined number( not
a calculation ) in the field where the width and lenght meets in the sheet.

( Eks. choose lenght as 100, and withd as 300, then where 100 and 300 meets
in the sheet i see the price, this price is transfered to a cell, which i can
use for another calculation ( I have 3 other semilar sheets where i will
"pick" the unigue value/price, and summarize these as a final price.

How do i do ?
Old September 22nd 09, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Domenic[_2_]

Assumptions:

C2:C8 contains the lengths (100, 200, and 300)

D5:F5 contains the widths (100, 200, and 300)

A2 contains the length of interest

B2 contains the width of interest

Formula:

=INDEX(D6:F8,MATCH(A2,C6:C8,0),MATCH(B2,D5:F5,0))

--
Domenic
Microsoft Excel MVP

In article >,
Anders Bjerregaard <Anders >

Old September 22nd 09, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

If you are really lucky to have 100,200,300 for both width and length then,
provided this is the layout

A B C D E
width 100 200 300 length
1 2 3 100