how to make column titles float with the scroll bar

Old May 1st 05, 12:32 AM
mekanic

Default how to make column titles float with the scroll bar

When scrolling down a page, the column titles disappear as the page moves
down. How can you enable the titles to remain at the top of the screen while
you scroll down the page so that you can see what label is on each column
while entering data?
thanks
--
mekanic
Old May 1st 05, 12:41 AM
Alan

Select the cell with regard to both the column and row that you want to keep
visble, then on the toolbar go 'Window' and hit 'Freeze Panes'
Regards,

Old May 1st 05, 04:53 PM
Gord Dibben

mekanic

The rule for Freezing rows and columns..........

All rows above or columns to the left of the selected cell will be frozen.

i.e. select A2 and freeze panes will freeze row 1 only.

Select B2 and row 1 and column A will be frozen.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP