Sumif based on cell format

Old September 11th 09, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fun Dan[_2_]

Default Sumif based on cell format

Is it possible to use Sumif based on the cell's format? For example, I want
to add up the numbers in a column that are highlighted green.
Old September 11th 09, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko

Not directly. You'd need some VBA procedures.

See this:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx

I recommend not doing it this way.

Write a formula based on the logic of *WHY* the numbers are highlighted
green. If they're highlighted using conditional formatting then you should
be able to write a formula based on the conditional formatting logic.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old September 11th 09, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272

Find all colored cells and sum all:
Here is a quick way without VBA or formulas.
Edit > Find > clear "Find What" > Options > Format >
"Choose Format From Cell" > select sample cell >
Find All > scroll to end of list, press CTRL+SHIFT
and click on the last entry of the list.
Right click Status Bar and check Sum.

HTH,
Ryan---

--