Using Reuters' RTD quote system in VBA

Old September 3rd 09, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cluckers

Default Using Reuters' RTD quote system in VBA

Do you know if it is possible to use Reuters' RTD quote system in a macro.
The normal worksheeet function is

=RTD("ReutersRTD.HistoricalQuote",,"symbol","close ","date","")

Where the variables symbol and date have to be assigned to a value and close
is the closing price on that date.

I am trying to put this in a loop function that will pull the previous days
closing price when applicable.
Old September 3rd 09, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Worksheetfunction.RTD(arguments..)

The only difference from that of using this in VBA is that the server
argument is required....

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old September 3rd 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cluckers

I am trying the following

ActiveCell.Value = WorksheetFunction.RTD("ReutersRTD.HistoricalQuote" ,
"10.27.243.33", E1, "close", "09/02/2009", "")

and it retunrs the error:
runtime error 1004
unable to get the RTD property of the WorksheetFunction class

any ideas?

Old September 3rd 09, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Refer the below link