Insert Page Number in a cell

Old August 28th 09, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Iffi

Default Insert Page Number in a cell

Is there any possibility that i can put page numbers automatically in a
worksheet cell
Old August 28th 09, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons

Well, you can determine the number of rows per page, then type 1 in , say,
cell A40 then in cell A80, enter = A40+1 and copy down that way... Otherwise,
you're looking at using headers or possibly some sort of macro...

Old August 28th 09, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Hi,

There is nothing built-into Excel to do that. The problem is that as you
change the scaling factor in the page setup area this would change. So if
cell F1 was the top left corner of page 2, where you wanted the page number
while scaling was set 100% it might be part of page 1 at a different scaling
factor. So a different cell might be where the page number should now go.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire