how do I "keep text together" within a cell to keep it on 1 line?

Old August 18th 09, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GT Photo

Default how do I "keep text together" within a cell to keep it on 1 line?

to keep someone's initials from separating between lines with small width
columns - example:

Now is the time for A.
B. Person to appear.

or

Now is the time for
A. B. Person to appear
Old August 18th 09, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

In-cell, you could always break for a new line by pressing Alt+ENTER at the
breakpoint, ie with the cursor placed just before the "A" in your example
--
Max
Singapore

Old August 18th 09, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M

You can either change your syle and leave the spaces out of the name:
A.B.Person
to keep it all together, or you can control then line break by putting in in
manually (Alt+Enter), or if constructing from a formula, use CHAR(10) as in:

="Now is the time for "&CHAR(10)&"A. B. Person to appear"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Old August 18th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're only making a list, you may want to copy it into MSWord and use a
table there.

Then you can use all MSWord's word processing features that Excel doesn't
have--including using the ctrl-shift-spacebar to treat the words as one.