Automatically move data from one worksheet to another

Old August 12th 09, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CdnBlueEyes

Default Automatically move data from one worksheet to another

I have an excel file that is tracking projects completion and status. Within
the file I have 2 worksheets ("In Progress" and "Completed"). Within the "In
Progress" worksheet, I have columns capturing the project name, assigned
date, assigned by, estimated completion date, comments, etc. I also have a
column that has an IF statements and adds the letter C when the completed
date is entered. I wanted the whole row to transfer over to the "Completed"
worksheet when this C appeared on the "In Progress" worksheet. Is this
possible??? I am not very good with macros
Old August 13th 09, 04:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
YESHWANT JOSHI[_2_]

"In Progress" worksheet. type the following formula. To start with let's say
A2
=if(celladdress="C","In Progress worksheet!a2,"")
in this "celladdress" address means address of column which contains "C" if
completed on that row and also do not forget to put $ before column, e. g.
$K2)
then copy the same to right as far as u want, and down as far as u want
then apply filter for nonblanks
and u will be home with your desired results

click yes below, if it works

Old August 14th 09, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_]

> I have an excel file that is tracking projects completion and status.
> Within the file I have 2 worksheets ("In Progress" and "Completed").
> Within the "In Progress" worksheet, I have columns capturing the
> project name, assigned date, assigned by, estimated completion date,
> comments, etc. I also have a column that has an IF statements and
> adds the letter C when the completed date is entered. I wanted the
> whole row to transfer over to the "Completed" worksheet when this C
> appeared on the "In Progress" worksheet.

Here's one way using Excel 2003, without macros.

In the example I used, cells A2:E13 of "In Progress" contain the project
data, and Column F is the one with the possible "C" values.

In the "Completed" sheet, put these values.

In A2 put
=IF('In Progress'!F2="C",MAX(A$1:A1)+1,"")

In B2 put
=IF(ROW()>MAX($A:$A)+1,"",
OFFSET('In Progress'!$A$1,
MATCH(ROW()-1,$A:$A,0)-1,